Thursday, March 8, 2007

Back from the living, I come from the flesh

It always makes my day, when I'm allowed to be extremely morbid. I just hope this doesn't strike the wrong chord with any potential boss.

Well, what happened so far... let's see....

At the beginning of Sr. Prof. Cloete's class, I struggled to keep a marginal level of brain activity running, which was an uphill battle for me, as I dutifully rose from the dead at, what, 4 to 5 in the morning, got myself reasonably presentable for class, and ate myself a breakfast, which required many calories to digest, with the calories produced from the food eaten ready for use after a considerable delay, perhaps 2 to 3 hours, I'm not a dietitian/nutritionist, I don't know, but anyway, I arranged for transportation via my beloved mother, and off we went, an hour plus drive (one of the countless reasons I love her so dang much). I attended my Critical Thinking class, and then Composition.

I went to Monster.com and JobFinder.com and registered, landed a job at a staffing company called CoWorx. Seemed to be a reputable company. Did the little interview, did my first W2 Form, and all. Really neat. They hooked me up with Intechra, an asset reclamation company, but it was not working out for either of us, so that relationship ended.

This past 8 weeks my mom applied for and landed a job at Half Price Books Records Magazines, and she still has that job. I was absolutely 100% certain that she'd fit the job perfectly, and they, meaning Mom, and two friends of ours, two Davids, (what a coincidence, eh?) one had the job for a while before, but the other was applying at about the same time as Mom, but luckily, they both landed positions. I'm happy for them.

They both are very cautious, since they are still in training, but they are very knowledgable, they both know the bookselling business, they are very well read, and they are professional without being boring. You have to love that balance. I'm told I'm a lot of fun to be around, but can be very unprofessional when I'm not trying to be professional, and get very silly, and goofy.

I can't believe that those people who keep telling me college is hard as heck were right, more than I imagine they knew! Unbelievable. But I have to run into reality sooner or later. since I'm on the edge, I imagine I have a better view of what people like to believe, and what is glaringly obvious. This makes my an "outsider."

I seem to have this characteristic opinion, that people shouldn't conform for conformity's sake. Is that wrong? Will I grow out of that? I hope not. I also seem to have this idea that misinformation is control at it's worst. The people who know, I hope, are acting with the good of the country at heart and mind, and not wallet or bank account, or worse-I'm not EVEN going into that. (ugh!)

Anyway, I'll try to be more regular, and I'll be back, probably tomorrow.

--
"what kind of chip you got in there, a Dorito?"

No comments: